Friday, March 23, 2012

Dandelion-Cheese Muffins

I'm not a gourmet cook. I'm more of a camp cook. Give me a bit of cast iron and I can work miracles and not have 50 dishes to wash. That's a priority for me.

If you make nothing else out of wild food try this. It really is good and fairly simple. My best friend refuses to eat wild foods (with the exception of anything with berries or my cherry brandy). But I can slip this one by her and she doesn't notice. (Oh, c'mon. Don't judge.)

They're a beautiful sunny yellow and nice served warm.

Pull any green off of the dandelion flower so that you are left with just petals.

1/2 lb. grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup dandelion flowers
1 & 3/4 cup sifted flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp. margarine/butter

Sift dry ingredients together. Stir in cheese and flowers. Beat together egg and milk. Blend into dry ingredients. Fold in margarine/butter. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment